About Goodstart Early Learning

Goodstart Early Learning is Australia's largest long day care provider, with over 640 centres across the country. Our 13,000 employees care for and education more than 73,000 children from 61,000 families every year. Goodstart is a not-for-profit organisation, with a vision for Australia's children to have the best possible start in life. 


If your question isn’t answered below, please contact Student Services.

Can I complete my course entirely online or will I need to attend training sessions?
Goodstart Institute of Early Learning delivers it's program via a multi-model delivery.  This means that learning will take place in a number of ways, mostly online and within your workplace.  All students MUST participate in a Student Induction session prior to commencing their course.  Other support and training opportunities are offered to students but do not have mandatory participation.
How much do the courses cost?
Course fees vary depending on the qualification being studied and whether a student is eligible for fee subsidies through state or commonwealth government subsidised training programs.  Fee schedules are available on the Find a Course page, however if a student would like to discuss their eligibility for subsidised training they will need to contact Student Services.
Am I eligible for Employer Funded Study Assistance?
The Employer Funded Study Assistance scheme is only available to eligible Goodstart Early Learning Centre-based Employees who are employed under the Goodstart Early Learning Enterprise Agreement.  Terms and conditions do apply.  Students will have their eligibility assessed at time of enrolment.
How do I apply for a course?
Only Goodstart Early Learning employees are eligible to study with Goodstart Institute of Early Learning.

Prospective students are required to complete an Enrolment Application Form for the relevant program or qualification they wish to apply for enrolment in.  Please refer to the 'How to Apply' page for more information.

Goodstart Institute of Early Learning will only approve enrolment for students who have the unrestricted right to undertake study in Australia and have completed and provided the required information and documentation during the enrolment process.
Can I apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)?
Every prospective student of Goodstart Institute of Early Learning has the right to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).  However, the student needs to be aware that assessment of RPL relies heavily on evidence provided by the student and can be a lengthy process.  The student is required to collect and coordinate evidence to show they have equivalent skills to match to the qualification they are enrolling in.

Students are encouraged to review the Recognition of Prior Learning information page on our website.
How do I apply for an Apprenticeship/Traineeship?
Firstly, the student will need to be employed within a Goodstart Early Learning service.  Goodstart Institute of Early Learning does not broker employment for students who wish to undertake a Traineeship or Apprenticeship.

The eligibility criteria for Traineeships and Apprenticeships differs greatly between each state and territory.  Students will be required to complete a Trainee Apprentice Sign Up Request Form (SURF) in order to have their eligibility for a Traineeship or Apprenticeship assessed.  Contact Student Services to request a copy of the SURF document.

The student may be required to complete additional forms through the enrolment process, depending on the funding model available in the student’s state or territory.  This will be communicated to the student during the application process.
Do I need to be employed by Goodstart Early Learning to study with Goodstart Institute of Early Learning?
Yes, Goodstart Institute of Early Learning provides training to Goodstart Employees only, if you wish to further your career in Childcare visit https://www.myskills.gov.au/ where you can find a provider in your area.
How long can I take to complete my studies?
Students must demonstrate they are actively progressing through their studies at a consistent pace, and all qualifications should be completed by the end date as detailed in the student’s Confirmation of Enrolment letter.
What happens if I withdraw from my enrolment before the completion/end date?
If you withdraw from your course at any time prior to the completion date determined within Goodstart Institute of Early Learning’s Confirmation of Enrolment, you will be liable for the for any fees owing, in line with the Fee and Refund Policy and Employer Funded Study Assistance scheme (if applicable).
Will I receive paid study time at work during my enrolment?
Students will not receive paid study release time in their workplace during their enrolment unless the student has been approved for a Traineeship or Apprenticeship. 

Trainees and Apprentices will receive a detailed training plan which will expressly detail the study release time they are entitled to during their Traineeship or Apprenticeship enrolment.
Does Goodstart Institute of Early Learning offer Bachelor qualifications so I can become an Early Childhood Teacher?
No.  Students who wish to undertake further study in a Bachelor qualification will need to contact a higher education provider directly.